Endangered Animals by Charlotte
This week in science we researched endangered animals.
An endangered animal is:
- a species that is threatened with extinction;
- a species with a small habitat;
- a species that has a small population.
Me and my partner, Maddy, looked at Bengal tigers, there are only 400 left in the world. most of the time they eat deer, buffalo, pigs and other mammals. There are a few reasons why they are endangered;
- humans kill them to protect their families
- fires and deforestation have destroyed their homes
- Bengal tigers are hunted illegally because their skin and some body parts are considered useful for traditional Asian medicine
Madeleine B Year4
11 February 2019
Learning about animals was interesting.