How PE supports our school's vision:
Through PE at Aberford, it is our intention to deliver high-quality lessons that are fun, engaging and inspire all our pupils to lead physically active lives. We aim to provide opportunities for pupils to become physically confident in a way that not only supports their health and fitness but boosts self-esteem, self-confidence and social skills. We want to provide children with opportunities to take part in competitive activities in order to build character and help embed our Christian Values such as courage, respect and perseverance.
Research shows that physical activity can help school-aged children in lots of different ways:
- Improves behaviour, self-confidence and social skills
- Improves attention levels and performance at school
- Develops co-ordination
- Strengthens muscles and bones
- Improves health and fitness
- Maintains healthy weight
- Helps them sleep better
- Improves mood and helps them feel good.