Our latest Ofsted report can be down loaded Download, but for more information please click here to be taken directly to the Ofsted website. Our most recent Ofsted inspection was in September 2018 when we were very pleased to be judged as a 'good and rapidly improving school'.
To view our latest performance data, please click the link www.education.gov.uk/schools/performance
Let us know what you think by visiting Parent View at parentview.ofsted.gov.uk
Assessment and Data
Assessment is an integral part of the learning process and its purpose at our school is to support your children and their teacher in evaluating the impact of the learning experiences provided. It provides a means of collecting information regarding a child’s progress and pin pointing areas that may need further consolidation. A variety of assessment procedures are used allowing teachers to fine tune teaching and delivery of the curriculum to match individual needs and the needs of the class. All our pupils are assessed on a daily basis in a continuous informal way so that teachers can give instant feedback on what children are doing well and what their next steps for learning are. In addition to this, there are more formal and statutory testing procedures that take place throughout the time your child is with us. When your child leaves our school, we send this information to his/her next school. At the end of each academic year, teacher assessments are reported to parents in the form of the School Report. We also hold parents’ evenings to inform you of progress and targets.
Key Stages and Assessment Arrangements
- At the end of Foundation Stage (Reception), teacher assessments take place and these are reported to the Local Authority.
- At the end of year 1, Phonics Screening takes place and these results are reported to the Local Authority.
- At the end of Key Stage 1 (Year 2), teacher assessments and tests/tasks take place and these are also reported.
- At the end of Key Stage 2 (Year 6), children sit their national SATs (formal external tests).
In school assessment:
- At the end of each term in years 2 to 6, children are tested using NFER tests, which measure attainment using a standardised score, which helps our teachers to track our pupils against their targets.
- Children in year 1 are tracked against phonics outcomes throughout the year and are tested using NFER tests at the end of the year.