We are a really exciting school with every day bringing a wide variety of new learning opportunities. This page gives information about the organisation of our days but for more information about the types of learning activities each class undertakes, please see the class pages.
Arrival at School
Children arrive no earlier than 8.40am for an 8.50am start.
During the morning
- Between 8.50am and 9.00am children across school have a short morning activity to consolidate learning or practise a basic skill.
- At 9.00am children participate in whole school Collective worship, with a Celebration worship on Friday during which we celebrate all our achievements that week.
- By 9.20am we start discrete English or maths lessons across Key Stage 1 and 2.
- During English, children may be learning letter sounds and names, learning spelling patterns, developing grammar understanding or drafting and editing a piece of writing.
- In maths, children have the opportunity to develop their understanding of calculation as well as develop skills in applying their mathematical knowledge.
- Children will be working in carefully differentiated groups
- KS1 break is 10.30am – 10.45am
- KS2 break is 10.15am – 10.30am
- Children in KS1 are provided with a selection of fresh fruit and vegetables daily.
- Children in KS2 can bring in a piece of fruit or vegetables to eat at break time.
- Lunchtime is between 12 pm and 1 pm each day.
- All children have their lunch in our dining hall unless the weather is good when the children can take their packed lunches outside for a picnic.
- Children from all classes enjoy eating together from a choice of either their own packed lunch or a choice of a hot meal cooked on site.
- Payment for school lunches should be made at the beginning of each week or on a termly basis. Children in Reception and KS1 receive a Universal Free School Dinner. For KS2 the cost of a meal per day is £2.05 (Class 3) or £2.10 (Class 4). You will be notified of any changes to cost through the weekly newsletter.
- We have Play Leaders (introduced by the children) at lunchtimes who help to set up games and offer friendship.
- Our field allows children to set up games, or they can relax and reflect under the tree, climb the play equipment or use other equipment available to them.
- During the afternoon children might be involved in their “themed” learning which has a cross-curricular approach.
- Children enthuse when learning in this way, working in mixed ability groups practising and developing a range of skills in a wide range of subjects.
- Many opportunities for home learning are linked to the theme of the half term/term.
End of the School Day
- School finishes at 3.15pm.
- We ask parents/carers to meet their children on the playground on time. Please let us know if someone different will be collecting your child so that we can ensure your child/children’s safety.