We are a happy, welcoming, exciting school with every day bringing a wide variety of new learning opportunities. This page gives information about the organisation of our days. For more information about the types of learning activities, each class undertakes, please see the class pages.
Arrival at School
Our school gate opens at 8:40 am for an 8:50 am start.
During the morning
- Between 8:50 am and 9:00 am, children across the school have a short morning activity to consolidate learning or practise a basic skill.
- At 9:00 am, children participate in whole school Collective worship, with a Celebration Worship on Friday during which we celebrate our achievements that week.
- By 9:15 am, we start our English or Maths lessons across Key Stage 1 and 2.
- During English, children may be learning letter sounds and names, learning spelling patterns, developing grammar understanding or drafting and editing a piece of writing.
- In Maths, children have the opportunity to develop their understanding of calculation as well as develop skills in applying their mathematical knowledge.
- Children will be working in differentiated groups so that they are all making progress at the right level for themselves.
- KS1 break is 10:30 am – 10:45 am
- KS2 break is 10:15 am – 10:30 am
- Children in KS1 are provided with a selection of fresh fruit and vegetables daily.
- Children in KS2 may bring in a piece of fruit or vegetables to eat at break time.
- Lunchtime is between 12:00 pm and 1:00 pm each day.
- All children have their lunch in our dining hall unless the weather is good when the children can take their packed lunches outside for a picnic.
- Children from all classes enjoy eating together from a choice of either their own packed lunch or a choice of a hot meal cooked on site.
- Payment for school lunches should be made at the beginning of each week or on a termly basis. Children in Reception and KS1 receive a Universal Free School Dinner. For KS2, the cost of a meal per day is £2.20. You will be notified of any changes to cost through the weekly newsletter.
- We have Play Leaders (introduced by the children) at lunchtimes who help to set up games and offer friendship.
- Our field allows children to set up games or they can relax and reflect under the trees, climb the play equipment or use other equipment available to them.
- During the afternoon children usually work on their topic work in other subjects. They also have one afternoon of PE a week in each class.
- Children enthuse when learning in this way, working in mixed ability groups practising and developing a range of skills in a wide range of subjects.
- Many opportunities for home learning are linked to the theme of the half term/term.
End of the School Day
- School finishes at 3:15 pm.
- We ask parents/carers to meet their children on the playground on time. Please let us know if someone different will be collecting your child so that we can ensure your child/children’s safety.