Pollinating Flowers by William S
We looked at the reproductive parts of the flower in Science yesterday. The reproductive parts include;
- Stamen - produces the pollen
- Stigma - is sticky so it makes the pollen stick to the plant from a bee, it then sends it to the ovaries
- Style - sends down pollen from the stigma to the ovary to store
- Ovaries - hold reproductive cells which will become a seed when fertilised by pollen
- Carpel - the name for the ovaries, style and stigma altogether
We created 3D models of flowers, using paper, cotton buds, straws, blu -tac and plasticine.
Take a closer look at our photos in our photo gallery!