Full attendance leads to the best educational outcomes for children. Non-attendance is extremely disruptive for children, leaving gaps in their learning and leading to a lack of confidence. We monitor and track pupil progress and see that children who do not attend regularly also make very little progress in their learning.
All absences are checked on a daily basis to ensure that children are safely in school. 90% attendance = one day missed per fortnight. 85% attendance = one and a half days missed per fortnight. 80% attendance = two days missed per fortnight. We have to make referrals to the Education Social Worker if your child’s attendance falls below 80%.
Can I take my child out of school during term time?
- There is a common misconception that any child has the right to 10 days holidays in any school year. This is NOT true.
- An absence of up to 10 days may be authorised by the Headteacher under EXCEPTIONAL CIRCUMSTANCES.
- Every request for time off during term time must be done officially by completing a holiday form at least 6 weeks prior to the request date. You will be asked to make an appointment to see the Headteacher for this to be considered.
- Any holidays taken without authorisation may be subject to a formal referral to the Education Social Worker.
- All urgent medical or dental appointments, bereavements, visits to other schools are authorised absence.
- Celebrations, non-urgent appointments and holidays will not be authorised.
If you would like to apply for your child to take time off during term time, please complete the holiday application form and return it to us ASAP.