This afternoon we started our new English topic based on the short animation, Taking Flight. Taking Flight is a short film inspired by Antonio Pasin, inventor of the Radio Flyer wagon. In this fictional tribute to Pasin's legacy, what begins as a small boy's boring day with Grandpa turns into a larger-than-life journey...
We used the film to write expanded noun phrases.
- Horrifying howls of monkeys wailed hysterically high in the emerald-green, humid understory.
- Old, cardboard boxes sat dustily and patiently on the garage shelves.
- The noisy, crimson red plane soared bravely through the sea of silver clouds.
- The calm, sapphire blue river gently wound through the hypnotising rainforest.
- Glistening in the sunlight, the waterfall cascaded hurriedly over the edge of the sharp, rocky cliffs.